Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Return to Blighty

Up at seven, at the airport and checked in by eight. Flight departed on time at 10h10. Shuttle bus from Bristol Airport to Temple Meads Station was timely and gave me only a ten minute wait for a train to Cardiff, where Clare met me after a shopping expedition, and we were able to go home together and have lunch, then start unpacking and catching up on all that's happened while I've been away - notably the start of redecorating the church interior, a job requiring much scaffolding, temporary closures and protective plastic sheeting. The next few months will not be fun. But, we've been putting this job off for ages, and now is the time to get on with it.

It was comforting to download all my snowy photos and take a quick look at them, to soften the impact of getting back to work, and remind me what a great time I had, even if I did have to wind myself up to get going in the face of the post Christmas inertia that descends upon me after a demanding December.

No comments: