Monday, March 24, 2008

Baptismal joys

Generally on Easter Monday, I'm pretty exhausted, but having had so much quiet time to myself without distraction meant that after a lie-in, I was ready and looking forward to celebrating the baptism of Joshua (9), Owain (5) and Ethan, just two months old.

It had to be today, as one granny was flying in from Canada yesterday, and the other granny can't make next Sunday. About forty friends and family turned up and packed out the chancel, where we were obliged to hold the ceremony, since the font area is all plastic wrapped for decoration. Our spare small portable font, a legacy from the St Alban's mission church, is also in store for the duration of the works in church, so I had to use a glass bowl from home as a font.

The children's parents, Chris and Katy used to come to St James', and Katy comes with them to God on Monday. Recently they've been trying out St John's, and been warmly welcomed (as ever) by Norma - who also showed up to represent the church congregation. Julie who does the God on Monday catering, a family friend, was also there with her kids. It was altogether a delightful occasion.

After lunch, it was a matter of getting myself up the motorway to Kenilworth to see my lovely a grand daughter and her parents, and spending the night with them, before returning to face the big task of writing up the Spiritual Capital Research report, in the few free days I know I can take off this week. Not long now, but I'll be glad when it's done and published.

No comments: