Monday, May 12, 2008

Communications - progress made

Finally the Countdown 2009 Communications Focus Group met for the first time, at the ungodly hour of 9.00am on Monday morning. Normally for me Monday morning is recovery time after Sunday, but for once, I felt it was important that I push hard against somnolence and go to the meeting rather than send apologies. I'm glad I did.

It was chaired by Mike McGuinness of Capital Shopping Centres - the third person to be invited to lead this group, and an excellent choice. He steered the meeting with great skill, and the whole gamut of difficult issues highlighted in various Focus Groups, around 'communications' got aired. Nobody fought, accused or blamed, but difficulties were addressed, and I came away with a sense of having gotten straight down to business and made progress. I hope we can keep this up.

No comments: