Thursday, April 24, 2008

Waiting upon decisions

Today the interviews were held for the post of Head Teacher at Tredegarville School. I could have gone along and been involved with meeting the candidates, either yesterday, or today. However there needed to be an odd number of governors for the interview panel, so I said I'd only take part if there was an even number on the day. I was grateful, in a way, not to be called - simply to stand back and be on the receiving end of the decision made by four excellent lay people, with Fr Roy as chair. Whoever the new Head is, I'll accept gladly to work with them, knowing they have the confidence of the others. Whoever accepts the job will find it a mid-career challenge of the highest order, to bring out the best in them. It's a special place to be.

No comments: