Sunday, April 27, 2008

Easter again

I must be slowing down and relaxing, as I didn't wake up early and get to the eight o'clock, nor even the nine o'clock at the Cathedral this morning. Clare and I went and paid Owain a visit, then she dropped me off in Callaghan Square to walk down to St Mary's for the Parish Mass, which is at eleven. The Greeks were all arriving too, as I did, since it's their Easter Sunday morning.

After Mass, Father Graham told me that he's been over to join the Vigil last night, and related how the priest, before reading the Resurrection Gospel had fished out his mobile phone, and dialled his dad in Cyprus, so that his proud father could hear his son proclaim Easter two thousand miles away over the phone. A bit like one of those Samsung ads on the telly.

No comments: