Thursday, October 23, 2008

Holiday excursion?

I've come back home today. We departed in haste and I left behind my guitar. Above all I had looked forward to being able to while away an hour a day of practice in our quiet country retreat, and build upon my recent success at getting back into the habit of picking up the instrument and playing a little every day without fail. Frankly, being without it was making me miserable, so I returned to collect it.

The public library in Aberteifi/Cardigan town has proved to be a good and useful place to access email this week. The tough bit has been persuading Clare to go into this town more frequently than others, especially when there are so many other beautiful towns and villages to visit. She is patient and long suffering, to say the least. The library has eight terminals, and a tight security policy, which means I cannot send attachments. However, the lady running the open access computer class in the room opposite the library entrance was helpful and kind one day, letting me use her network with a more relaxed policy, but her class only runs two days a week, so a visit home was helpful in other ways.

Best of all, I am re-united with my guitar, and look forward to playing it when I get back later this afternoon.

No comments: